Puffy Paws Kitty Haven has information from donors that includes: amount donated, address, donor comments and e-mail address.
How we use that information
Puffy Paws will never publish, sell, trade, rent or share names, e-mail or mail addresses, of our donors.
Puffy Paws Kitty Haven will use contact information
(e-mail, telephone number and address) of donors for these purposes only:
- Distribute receipts for donations
- Thank donors for their donation
- Distribute our Newsletter & SOS's
- Inform donors about upcoming fundraising and other activities
- Internal analysis and record keeping
- Reporting to relevant U.S. and State agencies (these reports are not for public inspection)
- Contact donors about changes to this policy
However, properly anonymized donor information is used for promotional and fundraising activities.
We allow donors the option to have their name publicly associated with their donation unless the donor explicitly tells us that their donation will be a "anonymous" one.
Comments sent to us via email, fax or telephone are kept strictly confidential.
All access to donor financial information is strictly limited. No such data are given to any person, organization or group.
Puffy Paws Kitty Haven only uses online payment processing services with world class security and strong reputations.
Puffy Paws Kitty Haven does not store, nor does it have access to, your credit card information, bank account numbers, or other account data sent to those processing services.
Donor Bill of Rights
Puffy Paws Kitty Haven subscribes to the Donor Bill of Rights.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
1. To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
2. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
3. To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements
4. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
5. To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW YOUR PERSONAL THANK YOU WHEN YOU DONATE
6. To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
7. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
8. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
9. To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists & emailing lists.
10. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.